Search site
Royal Court header image 1 Royal Court header image 2 Royal Court header image 3 Royal Court header image 4

Forms for Royal Court matters


Rule 90 of The Royal Court Civil Rules, 2007 makes provision for applicants to present their applications in Court without the requirement of counsel being present; however it should be noted that Greffe staff and Judges are unable to give Applicants in Person (AiP) legal advice. Any person who is unsure of their legal position in a matter should seek the advice of an advocate prior to commencing the application.

Please note that applications cannot be made online at present. Applications must be submitted to the Public Counter at the Royal Court, or by post, (with the exception of Liquor Licensing which is submitted to the Liquor Licensing Section of the Committee for Home Affairs at Sir Charles Frossard House) along with payment for the application. Payment can be made by credit/debit card, cheque, or cash.

The following applications are the ones most frequently made by AiPs although this list is not prescriptive.  If the application a person wishes to make is not contained in the list below, a letter should be sent addressed to HM Greffier setting out details of the application they are seeking to make.  The Greffe will then refer the matter to a Judge to see if it is an application which an AiP can make without legal representation.

1. Action for Debt or Damage (Claims over £10,000)
2. Eviction
3. Enduring (Lasting) Powers of Attorney
4. Guardianship
5. Terres Mises a L'Amende
6. Reciprocal Judgments
7. Liquor Licensing
8. Administration Orders

Should you wish to make a application as an AiP, the standardised forms are available from the Royal Court Public Counter, or can be downloaded via the links above. If however you have additional information which you wish to submit, this can be provided on a separate page attached to your application.

Where samples of applications and affidavits are included with the standardised forms, these are provided for the assistance of the applicant and may be adapted as necessary.

Below is our Frequently Asked Questions which may assist AiPs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Please note that the Greffe's role is to impartially assist members of the Guernsey Bar and self-representing parties on behalf of the Court. It is, therefore, not possible for it to interpose itself in the relationship between parties.  In order to safeguard the formal position of the Greffe as an impartial facilitator for all sides in matters before the Court, we are unable to comment or advise on the appropriate course of action on your matter. Consequently you may wish to consider the following; discussing any issues with the other party, to seek legal advice, approach Citizens Advice or address the issues raised at a court hearing.